Saturday 23 April 2016

2. Testing myself


a.
Today I visited the school counselor and talked with him about my upcoming exchange year. Among other things, we talked about is this whole exchange year the right thing for me. He gave me the links to a couple of personality tests and I decided to do the color test. Of course the test is purely for entertainment purposes only and does not give an accurate description of your personality, but we figured it could be fun and then I could compare my own views to the results of the test.

The test is in two parts. First there is a number of different colors on the screen and you have to pick them beginning with those that you prefer. Then you have to pick them beginning with those that you dislike. The results were as expected. Made to feel really specific, but in reality, the results always have just enough vagueness to apply to most of the users of the website, giving a false sense of precision. I even tried it a few more times and the results only varied a few percentages, regardless of the colors I chose. However, such harsh critique of a simple color test is probably uncalled for. After all, it isn't even possible to get accurate results with such data as a persons color preference.
You are 54% extravert and 46% introvert.


I disagree with the results. I don't feel like an extravert, I've always considered myself more or less an introvert.

252 words

b.
Determined to uncover the truth to my personality, I ventured out into the internet and found another personality test. This one was far more precise than the first one. Nevertheless, the results of internet personality tests should be taken with a grain of salt. There is probably a hundred statements in the test and you have choose do you strongly agree, agree, slightly agree, slightly disagree, disagree or strongly disagree on each statement. You can also choose neutral, but this highly discouraged. Here's my results for the test.

 Your personality type is:

Logician
How you interact with your environment:
35% Extraverted 65% Introverted
Where you direct your mental energy:
62% Intuitive 38% Observant
How you make decisions and cope with emotions:
67% Thinking 33% Emotional
Approach to work, planning and decision-making:
42% Judging 58% Prospecting
How confident you are in your abilities and decisions:
 73% Assertive 27% Turbulent

Give or take a few percentages in each category and in my opinion it's kind of in the right direction atleast...

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

170 words

No comments:

Post a Comment