Thursday 26 May 2016

9. CV and application letter

Hey. I'm Pekka Järviautio, a Finnish 16 year old secondary school student coming to Sheffield for an exchange year and I would like to apply for a paid internship at your Daily Telegraph office in Sheffield.
It would be very suitable for me to be an intern there, because I have in the past been on two unpaid internships at a newspaper office in Helsinki as a part of my basic education. During my two weeks I followed the journalists around, watching and studying and taking part in conferences.  I even got to write a few sentences of my own into an online article.
One of the reasons I chose your company was because a member of my host family in Sheffield has worked as a paid intern at your office years ago and recommended for me to apply too. You're also a respected newspaper and it would be great work experience. I hope you contact soon and the CV is down below.


Curriculum Vitae

Personal details 

Name: Pekka Järviautio
Address: 111 Buckingham Palace Road
Telephone: +358 50 5050505
Email: pekkajarviautio@hotmail.com
Date of Birth: March 18, 1999
Nationality: Finnish

Education

2015-present: Helsinki School of Natural Sciences
2006-2015: Helsingin Yhtenäiskoulu

Work experience 
 
2013 spring: Internship at Kotimaa yhtiöt
2014 fall: Internship at Kotimaa yhtiöt

Language skills

Finnish: Mother tongue
English: Excellent
Swedish: Basic
German: Basic

Computer skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
 
Interests: Football, winter sports, swimming

References: Available upon request

238 words

No comments:

Post a Comment